Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Starting a Little Late

Well, it's definitely been some time since I have gotten to writing.  I had an epiphany while "pinning" in my Pinterest account that I should probably start working on writing down what I am learning and going through as a brand new USAF wife.  

For those who don't know me, I'm Savannah :)  I got married to a hotty-po-totty last November on the 26th, 2011.  I met the man, Ben, on my front door step on December 8th, 2009 after texting and emailing a bit...yes....taboo....we "met" online.  I always tell people we met in a bar...because that's where we went on our first date...it's easier to start from there because you don't get a bunch of questions/comments like, "Really!? Were you scared!?  I wouldn't take you for someone like that.  I'd never do that it's just so weird, I feel like I'm shopping for a husband or something...  I would just rather meet like they did in the old days."

Things like that make it feel a bit shameful, but really the more I think about it, it doesn't really matter how we met.  I am just glad we did!

Well we are 4.25 months into our first deployment as "The Perry's," we got to have the "married life" for about 5 months before he left one early April morning.  Boo.  It's 6 months long, which is actually really generous of the military to allow it to be this short.  BUT if I hear someone tell me, "Oh that's not bad then!  At least you don't have to go as long as the other branches do."  I will punch them.  I salute Army, Marine, Navy, Coast Guard wives...All of you!  You blow my mind, but we are all military, we all face deployments, possible injury or death, and a future full of unknowns, and we have to do it together, division makes this life sooo much harder than it already is.  Anyways, I digress.

Ben and I, we are an odd duo, but a lovely one.  Seeing how we met first without seeing each other or even being in each others presence for a few weeks, it's funny to me that I have had several days this deployment where I felt like I'm gonna die if I don't see his face or hear his voice!  I have done a overly large share of gut ball sobbing, worrying, picking zits, eating massive amounts of sugar, and being borderline insane.  With just a little under 2 months left to go I am hoping a miracle happens and I become the perfect cookie cutter wife that smiles all the time and is always happy...But let's be real.  HA!

There are so many things I want to write about.  I will figure out how to categorize later, but here is what my future writings will be about so far-

~Stepping foot onto a base for the first time even though I lived right next to it since I've been in the womb
~Meeting the Commander of my husband's squadron and his lovely wife
~My encounter with the stereo typical "military wife" X3
~My goals to accomplish on this deployment and the failures I've achieved so far!
~The bomb that got dropped on me that we are moving to Japan in April
~Figuring out how to schedule exercise, full time RN school, reintegration of my man back into my life
~The do's and don'ts I have learned about deployment...the hard way.
~Other things that don't necessarily involve the military at all!! :)  

As for right now, I just want to say thanks for stopping by!  Thanks for reading, and hopefully some fun friendships will develop from my rantings :)

Toodles~


No comments:

Post a Comment